Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Little Chat About Sex and The City ;)

Allrite, folks!
Time to relax a 'lil bit.
These are some lines I picked out from various random seasons of the series. Yes, I kinda like "Sex and The City", both the series and the movies. But mainly NOT about the sex, neither the women's deeds nor their super-avant-garde mindset. It's merely the style that I fond of! Their cool-and-relaxed chatting style, their sarcastic-half-witty humor style, and of course their fashion style! That's what makes them The Manhattan Goddesses, 'aight? Hahahaa...

So, prep some stylish boozes of yours, have a graceful sip or two of it, and be ready to laugh [as well as smile bitterly]. Enjoy the lines, dudes and dudettes!
Cheers... ;)

**

Carrie : Did I ever really love Big or was I addicted to the pain? The exquisite pain of wanting someone so unattainable?

----------------------------------------------------


Charlotte: I just don't understand. How could you forget someone you slept with?
Carrie : Toto, I don't think we're in single digits anymore.

---------------------------------------------

Samantha: If I had a son, I'd teach him all about sex.
Carrie : If you had a son, we'd call Social Services!

---------------------------------------------

Miranda : If 85% [of men] aren't circumsized, that means I've only slept with 15% of the population, tops.
Carrie : Wow, you're practically a virgin!

---------------------------------------------

Samantha: I never leave underwear at a guy's place because I never see it again.
Charlotte: What happens to it?
Samantha: Nothing; I just never go back.
Carrie : Doesn't that get a little expensive, disposing of lingerie every time you sleep with a guy?
Samantha: That's why I stopped wearing underwear on dates.
Miranda : And that's why I'm never borrowing a dress from you again.

---------------------------------------------

Charlotte: I am so confused. Is he gay or is he straight?
Carrie : Well, it's not that simple anymore. The real question is, is he a straight gay man or is he a gay straight man?
Carrie [voiceover] : The gay straight man was a new strain of heterosexual male spawned in Manhattan as the result of overexposure to fashion, exotic cuisine, musical theatre and antique furniture.

---------------------------------------------

Miranda : You double-booked?
Carrie : How do you conceive pulling this one off?
Charlotte: Early dinner with bachelor number one, late supper with bachelor number two.
Samantha: My God, you're turning into a man!
Carrie [voiceover] : Apparently Charlotte had done more than just break a pattern. She had actually changed genders.
Charlotte: I just don't know how I'm going to eat two dinners in a row.
Carrie [voiceover] : And just like that, she was a woman again.

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : [about therapists] First they want you to come there two times a week, then three times a week, and eventually you're starting every sentence with 'my therapist says...'
Miranda : My therapist says that's a very common fear.

---------------------------------------------

Duncan : I'm just one of those weird male aberrations who prefers to be married. I like stability, I like routine. I like knowing there's people waiting for me at home. I guess that makes me sound pretty dull.
Miranda : Are you kidding? You're the heterosexual holy grail.

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : And then I realized something, twenty-something girls are just fabulous, until you see one with the man who broke your heart.

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : Then I had a thought: maybe I didn't break Big. Maybe the problem was he couldn't break me. Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free, until they find someone just as wild to run with.

---------------------------------------------

Charlotte [drunk] : I'm nice. I'm pretty, and smart! I'm a catch!

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : I figured we made a good match. I was adept at fashion; he was adept at politics. And really, what's the difference? They're both about recycling shop-worn ideas and making them seem fresh and inspiring.

---------------------------------------------

Samantha: I once dated a guy who liked to wear my underwear but I've never gone the other way.
Stanford : See, when you're gay, everyone can wear everyone's underwear.
Charlotte: That's hygienic.

---------------------------------------------

Charlotte: ...you shouldn't be talking like that at all, Samantha, it's rude and politically incorrect.
Carrie : Sweetie, a reminder: Samantha is rude and politically incorrect.
Miranda : She's an equal opportunity offender.

---------------------------------------------

Charlotte : Do you think I'm a whore?
Samantha: Oh please, if you're a whore, what does that make me?
[All the girls are silent]

---------------------------------------------

Samantha: Well, let's just say it: you won.
Carrie : Was there a contest?
Samantha: Oh please! There's always a contest with an ex. It's called "who will die miserable."

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking.

---------------------------------------------

Samantha: Fuck men. We have to run to Helga the Hot Waxer every other week, but them? How would they like it if we told them to shape their hedge, trim their trunk?
Carrie : Plant their bulbs? I'm sorry, we are talking about gardening, aren't we?

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: They are people who have recently moved in with someone.

---------------------------------------------

Miranda : But who would I invite [to my baby shower] besides you guys?
Samantha: All the bitches who made you go to theirs!

---------------------------------------------

Charlotte: What kind of diet book are you looking for?
Miranda : I don't know. Something with a title like How to Lose That Baby Fat by Sitting On Your Ass.

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn't one occasion where people celebrate you. ... Hallmark doesn't make a "congratulations, you didn't marry the wrong guy" card. And where's the flatware for going on vacation alone?

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

---------------------------------------------

Carrie : The universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor.

---------------------------------------------

Mr. Big Preston: After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment